Fitness Theory and Exercise Physiology
Approved with BCRPA (32 CECs), MFC, NSFLA, CMTBC (8 PD/A3 CECs), MTA of Sask.(32 Primary CEUs) and many more…
The Body Blueprint Fitness Theory & Exercise Physiology Course is the prerequisite for becoming a Personal Trainer, instructor in the Weight Room, Group Fitness, Aqua Fitness, Yoga, Older Adult or adapted fitness instructor (special needs populations), and will prepare you for the provincial exam. Even if you do not plan to become a certified fitness instructor, everyone can benefit from our Fitness Theory and Exercise Physiology course to improve their well-being.
The Fitness Theory course can be taken in-class, on-line or by private instruction to suit your needs.
We will teach you how your body functions and responds to exercise and increase your awareness of fitness and health. You will learn that through exercise you will gain physical, social and emotional well-being developing your active health.
You will learn the following topics:
- Developing a Workout Program, including fitness principles, heart rate monitoring, and preventing injuries
- Physiology, including energy systems, cardio-respiratory systems and fat burning
- Anatomy, including bones and muscles and how they function during exercise
- Exercise Risks and Sports Injuries and Treatments: Learn to avoid and recognize common sports injuries
- Safety in Exercise Design: Learn the safest and most effective ways to workout
- Nutrition, Diet and Exercise: You will learn about macro and micro nutrients, supplements and healthy eating for fitness
- Strength, Flexibility and Cross-Training: Understand the principles of stretching, how muscles gain strength and how to combine the two for muscle balance
Whether you do the courses online or in-class, we make your learning experience fun! You will receive lots of feedback on your assignments so that you really learn the information presented. We do not rely on automated marking as some other companies do – you receive personalized attention to all of your questions and assignments. Your assignments are returned promptly – so no waiting! And they are marked by real people who care about your learning. We not only prepare you for the provincial exam, but you will enjoy learning the material so you truly understand it. You are more than just a student number with Body Blueprint. If you are looking to become a certified Personal Trainer or fitness instructor, this is the first course you will need.
In-Class Fitness Theory -Victoria, BC
For courses in Victoria, please see dates below.
We occasionally hold courses in other parts of British Columbia, so contact us for courses in your area. Although, they can be easily done online! We help you ever step of the way.
On-Line Fitness Theory
Once you register for the Fitness Theory course, you have 4 months to complete it. This is plenty of time to watch the tutorials, read the manual and submit the assignments with this course. If you need more time, you can purchase an extension fee.
If you purchase the entire Personal Training package (Fitness Theory, Weight and Personal trainers courses), you have one year to complete it! If you need more time you can purchase an extension fee.
Body Blueprint also has One-on-One Fitness Theory Courses. If you are pressed for time, can’t commit to in-class sessions and want individual instruction at YOUR convenience, we are happy to offer private courses for you. You can take the course by yourself or with a friend or two. Email us to find out more.
Please read the refund policy. If written notice is received:
In-Class courses:Thirty calendar days or more before the commencement of the course Body Blueprint Fitness (BBP) may retain 10% of the total tuition administration fee.
- More than 7 days and less than 30 days before the course starts, BBP may retain 15% of the total tuition, administration fee.
- Less than 7 calendar days after the contract is made, and before the commencement of the course (BBP) may retain 50% of the total tuition.
- If written notice of withdrawal is received less than 24 hours before the commencement of the course no refund will be given.
- If written notice of withdrawal is received on or after the commencement of the first lecture, no refund will be issued
On-Line Courses – Please choose very carefully. Once the online course is sent, you have access to all of the material; because of this, no refunds will be issued. Thank you for your understanding.
Need to switch to another course? No problem. If you are registered in a course and need to switch to another date, there is no charge if it is more than a week from the start date of the course you are registered in. 7 days of less there is a $50 transfer fee. Thanks for your understanding.